Faculty Onboarding FAQs

Where do I get my Cane Card?

The Cane Card can be obtained from the Office of Parking & Transportation in the McKnight Building (5807 Ponce De Leon Blvd). A valid photo I.D. will be required to obtain a Cane Card. Pictures will be taken at the time of producing the Cane Card. Visit University of Miami Cane Card Website.

What are my transportation and parking options?

Parking Permit

The Parking Permit can be obtained at the Office of Parking & Transportation in the McKnight Building (5807 Ponce De Leon Blvd) or by visiting the Parking and Transportation Portal - Parking Permit Online 

Pay-by-Phone Meter Parking

You can use the Pay-by-Phone Meter Parking  by downloading the Pay-By-Phone Mobile App or calling 877-885-8899 to pay for the day.

Parking Maps

Metrorail/Metrobus pass and discount

Campus Shuttle Service

Who can I contact with health insurance or University related benefit questions?

Call (305) 284-3004 or submit a Benefits Total Rewards Inquiry Form.

General Benefits Links

Tuition Benefits

Full-time employees can receive 100% tuition remission benefit for two courses per semester with a maximum of 15 credits per calendar year. New employees are eligible for the benefit for the first semester following their first 90 days of employment. For details, visit the Tuition Remission Web Page.

Wellness Center and Outdoor Adventures Membership

How can I obtain a Verification of Employment or Income?

UM has partnered with The Work Number to provide secure, automated employment and income verifications for employees.

Where can I find housing near campus?

You can search the University's Off-Campus Housing Website. You also can search for apartments through sites such as: www.apartmentfinder.com, www.apartments.com, or www.zillow.com

Where can I find the Faculty Manual?

Visit Faculty Manual - Faculty Senate Web Page

How can I change my UM e-mail alias?

Submit an Email Alias Address for Individual or Department/Organization Request Form or contact UMIT at (305) 284-6565, select the option for e-mail support, and let them know that you would like to make an alias for the e-mail address.

How do I upload my COVID-19, Booster, and Flu vaccines to Workday?

Log into Workday. From the home screen, click on the cloud in the upper right-hand corner > View Profile > Actions (under your name) > Additional Data > Edit Effective Dated Custom Object

View the Vaccine Compliance Tipsheet for details. Each vaccine will be a separate business process. Please wait 24-48 hours between each upload to ensure it is uploaded, processed, and approved. If you are having issues with the upload, you are welcome to e-mail your vaccine documents to the Office of Faculty Affairs via e-mail to facultyaffairs@miami.edu

Where can I get a COVID-19 or Flu Vaccine on-campus?

COVID-19 Vaccine

UHealth Tower at 1400 NW 12th Avenue. To schedule an appointment, please call (305) 702-9066

Flu Vaccine

Please visit the Flu Vaccine Web Page to schedule an appointment at one of the various locations

How will my department assist with my onboarding?

Your department should review the following on or before your start date: 

  • Start date and location of office and classrooms
  • Confirm completion of required onboarding tasks: Workday Inbox, I-9 verification, transcripts, ULearn CBLs, and “IATU” (Full-time only) 
  • Confirm parking and Cane Card receipt 
  • Technology needs: Blackboard and CaneLink access, computer, software, phone, etc.
  • Benefits Deadline - due 15 days after hire date - (if applicable) 
  • Request Headshot and Bio/CV for website - (if applicable) 

Where can I find my Personal ID’s in Workday?

Log into Workday. From the home screen: Personal Information > About Me > Personal > ID tab. Your CaneID is your e-mail address. 

Where can I find my pay slips?

Log into Workday. From the home screen: Pay > View > Pay Slips

How do I change my name in Workday?

For a Preferred Name Change log into Workday. From the home screen: Personal Information > Preferred Name 

For a Legal Name Change please e-mail an ID (Passport, Driver’s License, etc.) to the Office of Faculty Affairs at facultyaffairs@miami.edu.